Featured post

Tuesday 3 December 2013

What a load of sh1t & we now have a mega fence but sadly no more cats

I sit here sometimes and wonder who the people across the world are that read my blog.  I get between 50 and 150 hits a day and am really pleased that sometimes my stories raise a little smile and prompt peeps to return, some each day.
So I would like to say a sincere heartfelt thanks for the kind words I have received over the death of Tom our spoilt and beloved old cat so to start this blog rather than end it here he is in couple of pics from Nov 1998, early in his life with us.
Just like a few people he likes a beer
He did however try out the washing machine
Unlike our remaining cat "Sainsbury" however he didn't try out the "economy cycle!"

I mentioned yesterday that we were going to get another cat as a friend to "Sainsbury", we did however fall at the "final fence".  I phoned the lady who has kittens only to get the answer phone and I put the phone down.  A little (Sally) voice then said "are we really doing the right thing".  After a brief discussion we decided not to get a kitten having lost so many (3) to the busy road outside the house.  If another stray turns up that's a different story!! - - -

I do like this story - - - well toilet humour is normally quite amusing isn't it?
A 240 million year old toilet so the story go's - - - looks more like a half finished game of boules to me!
There is even a pic of a "museum of "poo" - - - lovely

Nearer to home - - - After our recent purchase of an extra bit of land from http://peakorganics.org.uk/ the very top of our garden is 10 metres wide instead of the original 5 and a bit.  We extended the boundary fence today and I even had a conversation with our neighbour at No 5 and hopefully resolved most of our differences of opinion.  so here are few pics from today's labours.
 This is the extra portion we have bought with the Peak Organics beds in the background
 Sally with the tools of the trade half way across the gap
So here we are 10 metres of fence across the top boundary of our garden
Enjoy the day
Follow this link to see  our weather website
Or this one just to see  the streaming birdfeeder cam









No comments:

Post a Comment