Featured post

Thursday 30 May 2013

All change at work! & some logging pics

I was working away this morning when I heard a voice say "Morning" looking behind me I noticed it was the shop manager, "lets call him Michael" who has been away looking after a "problem shop" for a while, "Hello Michael welcome back" I said.  I didn't get the usual reply and thought it a little odd.
 An hour or two later I was told he had left to be permanent manager of the problem shop and we were getting a replacement.  He's been at the shop before but more in a 2nd in command role, could be interesting!  A bit of "Same old balls different racket" I reckon.

I mentioned yesterday about moving the little tray around on the bird feeders and we are getting some interesting visitors now
Our resident squirrel seems to like it to sit on to attack the peanut container.  The jackdaws form yesterdays blog pic have now been joined by a crow!

I managed to get a bit of logging in yesterday even though the weather wasn't too sparkling

Heres one of the first 2 trees I cut down this year
Cutting them down is the easy bit
The tough bit is stacking up the branches to eventually burn them, especially if the trees are hawthorn because the thorns hold the branches together and pulling them apart is quite difficult.
We transport the larger cut pieces up to an all weather track and then chop them into firewood size bits and stack them up before covering them with plastic sheeting to dry out. This pic is the start of our latest stack.   The blue bit at the top of the pic is a large covered pile of wood that's been there for 2 years and will be used in winter 2014/15.

Enjoy the day
Follow this link to see  our weather website
Or this one just to see  our live birdfeeder webcam

No comments:

Post a Comment