Featured post

Friday 14 March 2014

Need a bigger house! & I come down to earth with a bump

Here's a story from the Mail that induces a sharp intake of breath"
The old bloke on the settee (father of 18 kids by 10 woman!) is whining to the papers that his human rights are being abused because the local council will not give him a bigger house.  He hasn't worked for more than 20 years and strangely, none of the kids who could work do work.
His best comment in the sorry tale is "They are treating me and my children like second class citizens"  maybe he and his kids should stop acting like second class citizens? - - -

Is jaw dropping in its revelations of this alleged pervert.  It beggars belief that so many people knew what he was doing and completely turned a blind eye or even suppressed any action to have him removed from office.  How many more like him are prowling the halls of our parliament? - - - maybe they have a club  there?  -- - - 


Energy bills set to rise by £640 screeches the headline in another Sky News story
Thankfully if you can grasp some glimmer of hope from the story the rise of £640 is going to be over a number of years until 2020.  - - - Where so people get these facts and figures from - - - must have been a slow news day methinks - - -



Closer to home 
Yesterday saw another cloudless sky once the mist had cleared so after actually getting a few lines of my book done! I wandered off to collect some wood from our logging area.
Here is the pile I'm nibbling at to fill up our wood shed.  It takes some time because back in 2010 when this pile was stacked I was not reducing all the logs to firewood as I do now so I'm having to swing the maul to do the job.





Getting in and out of the site I have to go through our friends farmyard and cope with Napkin! Being a pet sheep as soon as you go near the gate to the area he's trying to dash off into the yard.
Of course you cant get near him when you grab the tether to tie him to the fence while you open the gate and a number of times I have had to get Lisa from the house to hold him while i go through the gate with Boris.
The answer is though "Ginger Biscuits" He loves them so you entice him over to the fence and clip him on while he's clamouring to get a biscuit.  Once through the gate he gets another as a treat.  Here he is getting his final biscuit before I untether him from the fence - - -

Back home having unloaded the wood into the store we decided to have a cup of tea in the sunshine before getting on with a few tasks.  As i hung up my swinging seat I commented on the rope fraying on one corner and hastily mended "part of it"
Another "fraying part" gave way and I ended up sitting on the floor resplendent in my now broken seat! lol   - - - didn't spill a drop of the Tea though!








Enjoy the day
Follow this link to see  our weather website
Or this one just to see  the streaming birdfeeder cam





No comments:

Post a Comment