Featured post

Monday 27 January 2014

Olympic threat -world cup protest & Doubt is cast on my mystery customer blunder!

As the winter Olympic start date approaches the possibility of a terrorist attack  looms large!
A security operation is well in evidence as can be seen by this pic but UK officials are indicating an attack is "very likley".




The Russians are imposing a "ring of steel" around the Olympic venues using 37,000 troops to police the games.  Already pics of a suspected suicide bommber  Ruzanna Ibragimov

have been posted in hotels and the airport at Sochi although there are concerns that 3 others are at large




Things are not going well in the run up to the Football World Cup in Brazil there have been lots of world cup protests
with the word on the street "we dont need world cup" evident!






This harrowing pic of a child almost trapped in a car which has caught fire on the fringe of a demo is particularly dramatic
I guess if it gets even more out of hand the whole shooting match could be cancelled! I wonder what FIFA would do then?





The Daily Express brings things back into focus with another miracle cure this time for Arthritis Pain!


I feel sure they cracked a cure for that at least once a month last year!










Closer to home
I was approached a couple of times today at the fun factory by a manager asking if I worked on the day the mystery customer visited recently and we scored less than 100%.
The managers take on the story is that it was not me "Mike" but "Mike" the second in command of the shop!! who failed to score the maximum!
Jumping on the band wagon I have sorted out any future "confusion" by adopting "Mick" as my name on the badges we wear on our uniform !!
Its quite a nostalgic move really as I only became a Mike when I left the Army.  I had joined "The Prudential" and was told I couldn't be Mick as it would cause confusion as they "already had a Mick at the Chesterfield branch"
In doing the research for my book everyone I contact calls me Mick so I guess its hardly a backward step!

I noticed a job going in the HR Office today and wondered if I might "throw my hat in the ring" Mmmm - - -

Enjoy the day
Follow this link to see  our weather website


Or this one just to see  the streaming birdfeeder cam



No comments:

Post a Comment