Featured post

Friday 17 January 2014

Idiot "cage diver" & Muddy pergola work



Daily Express

The express has its usual "loud" headline, this time about house prices about to soar by £25k ! (some would wish) Tucked away in the top right of their front page is the death at 69 of (Roger Lloyd) Trigger from only fools and horses.  He also had a leading role as Owen in Thje Vicar of Dibley.  Quite an amusing character in both her are a few of his very memorable lines 


"Kalshnikov"  a word associated in the news media with pics of some kind of a "rebel" group the world over brandishing a familiar looking weapon, the AK47.  Behind the weapon was a Russian man Mickhail Kalashnikov who never in his wildest dreams could have imagined how successful the weapon he perfected in 1947 would be.
It is rumoured over a 100 million AK47's copied in many countries have probably been manufactured - - - probably not just a rumour!

Owl 'forcing' owner to watch films she hates
An amusing tale here about a girl with a pet owl Haru .  It appears the bird watches all the programmes that the owner either hates or doesn't like.  - - - amusing






Shark stunt backfires

Here's the "idiot cage diver" who's stunt nearly went horribly wrong.  Name to note "Shaun Harrington"  He is a self confessed "adrenalin junky" who just for a laugh put a bird cage on his head and jumped in the water. A rather pissed off shark, which the idiot claims "to know"  promptly attacked him.  Had the attack been successful I think the "gene pool would not have mourned the loss"

KeyboardHere's a great story about "Cyber crime on the Ivory Coast" all the trappings of a pirate story played out over the internet.  This type of thing has been going on for years in one form or another.  One claimant says he can make £12k a month - - - not bad money if you can get it lol!




Nearer to home
I decided to crack on with the decking project yesterday and the weather managed to behave although the ground I was working on was rather muddy by the end of the day as can be seen in the pic.
I was on my own because although I knew where it was going to go, it is in effect "suspended" above the ground so the design of it was "on the hoof" and meant I must have looked like a demented pensioner talking away to myself most of the day, nothing new there then! I did manage to get another square base next to this one but the light was fading as I finished so no pics available.

One strange kick back from the day was as follows:  I had been out quite a long time and obviously not had enough liquid during the day. Once I had finished I went back in the house and Sally remarked on my "rosy cheeks" this should have been "a signal" because it wasn't too cold and not at all windy to produce the "rosy cheeks"
I sat down at the computer and felt quite strange, kind of couldn't remember what I was supposed to be doing.  This feeling came in waves and I wondered what the hell was going on.
Cut to the chase! "I was dehydrated" normally associated with hot climates I know. The rosy cheeks are a symptom of heat exhaustion, but I hadn't gone that far obviously.
A few glasses of water and cups of tea later I was fine. - - - another lesson learned and something to remember!

Between decking forays today its lunch with a work colleague lets call her Debs, Sally is doing a "mercy mission" and might not be able to join us.  Might get some strange looks at our usual "watering hole" then! lol   onwards and upwards!
Enjoy the day
Follow this link to see  our weather website
Or this one just to see  the streaming birdfeeder cam






No comments:

Post a Comment