Featured post

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Back to the fun factory

Back in work for a week tomorrow as we trip our way into December!!! I was just looking at last years weather data and noticed that on the 1st of December we awoke to this!
We then had a number of days where it was below 0c and a minimum of minus 14.9 on the 7th of December.

With that in mind I deployed the heater rods into the pond because we don't want to get caught out with the pond freezing over.  One of our smaller ponds froze solid in 2009 and I fished out 34 frogs come the thaw!  Even though they can stay underwater for ages the need now and again to take a breath, poor old frogs.

I finished at last all the scanning of documents and photographs for the book and have a total of 766 items but don't suppose more than 10 or 12% will make it into the book.  I might pop them all onto picassa web albumns and point people at them in the book.

Now that rather mammoth task is complete I have no excuses left not to start the thing so might try the introduction and first few pages next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment