Featured post

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Days off at last

Having worked the last 6 days straight off I now get 8 days off which is a nice thought.
Work yesterday finished ok with what we call the tops being put on the isle.  This means that the full range of Christmas puds and associated paraphanalia will now be flooding in.  The more grumpy element of our clientel are expressing their disgust that we already have so many Christmas items  around already.  I normally counter this by telling them the Easter eggs are out in the warehouse!

I have tried for years, yes years to get myself some checkout training as I cant see me having the energy to do the bread job forever.  During a training session yesterday Bev the trainer mentioned that some staff checkout training was scheduled soon.  In talking to my boss Tracy she managed as usual to feed me a confusing diatribe of drivel about hours and when and how it could be completed.  So thats it then I get the checkout training when "the moons a balloon and in its 5th quarter".  All a bit of a joke really but Its something that must surely be on the horizon.

So today lots of things to map out for the days ahead, a trip over to Chesterfield for a couple of DIY bits and a trip to the Lanrover Dealer to pick up a headlight for Sally's beloved "Boris" the Defender. We bought some high intensity halogen bulbs but the lenses are a little past it to let all the light through.

You know the thing its a 40 minute job if all the screws aren't rusted solid and the spring slips don't break.  So  I will experiment with 1 unit to discover all the gremlins.

To horse! the day is upon us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment