Featured post

Friday 11 November 2011

Website bits and bobs

Now that I'm firmly embedded with the sky broadband I'm into upgrading our little website.  With W3Z I couldn't afford the bandwidth to run animations and decent webcams streaming.  With sky I'm getting 13664 Kbps downstream and 804 Kbps upstream so  in the next few weeks I will be trying a few more bits and bobs and adding additional pages.

I'm being urged by Paul form work to have a go with "Wordpress" and it looks quite good at first glance.  The only problem I have is I'm a GUI man not a code man.  I will give it a go once I have mastered the html jiggery pokery which I'm hoping to start in late December.  

I had a bit of trouble to begin with getting the port forwarding working in the sky router.  This is the bit that allows surfers to actually see the site and streaming webcams etc.  I tried the camstreams encoder this afternoon and it worked first go.  I'm reluctant to abandon my webcam XP5 so might even get another just for  camstreams.  It just lets me get the odd visitor from their website display of the webcams.

No comments:

Post a Comment