Featured post

Tuesday 15 November 2011

No water! - - - website work!

The water people Severn Trent are a curse on the neighbourhood at present replacing worn out mains and have been threatening to switch of the water in the past few days.  The first couple of times you fill up the bath for loo flushing and pans for cooking.  So typically they don't turn it off.
Today I just filled a couple of pans before it dried up!!

I had a good go at the website yesterday trying to make it look a little more attractive.  I had spent 2 hours on the gallery page http://hakuraman.gotdns.com/gallery.html  when my free wysiwyg website (Blue Voda) builder crashed and I lost the lot.  Thinks? why cant they have an auto save like XL?   Anyway I digress, so I downloaded an app with a 30 day free use option.  WYSIWYG Web Builder 7, Its as near as damn it a copy of Blue voda although I guess its the other way round.  The only upside is that it saves pages as .html where BV has its own extension because your meant to upload to their servers where on the way the extensions get changed to html.

I persevered in the end, saving the page everytime added something so will be sticking with BV.   The site looks fine in IE but in Google Chrome the background to the pages doesnt look long enough unless you "zoom out" on the page.  I looked on the net and there is a solution that I will try on my next week off.

I must, must, must get my head around this html code jiggery pokery,  so will do an online course starting this afternoon!  honest Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment