Featured post

Saturday 24 August 2013

Swan BBQ at Windsor castle - yummee! & my initiative lets me down

This story makes me laugh Kids not exercising enough . Too often you see the results of this with overweight kids, trolling around behind overweight parents. The story relates that children of Indian origin and ones from Northern Ireland are amongst "the least physically active" - -  -wonder what's going on there.

On the other hand here's a guy you have to admire for his exercising Chen Guanming.
He decided to go to the London Olympics and packed his worldly goods into his rusty old rickshaw and popped off to London.  He's now off to Brazil to attend the 12016 Olympics.  - - - respect!

A "queens swan" has been found barbecued in the grounds of Windsor castle
I'll put my money on it being an immigrant who doesn't quite understand "what's going on with these lovely creatures" I remember seeing a bunch of these "type" of people plundering the trout in the River Derwent opposite our house.  They eventually went away but its a problem which needs addressing! - - -

At work  we often joke that INITIATIVE IS NEVER REWARDED!  Ok the place has to run on a rigid set of rules but I had a sharp reminder, although it was "tongue in cheek" about a notice I had posted in the warehouse.  It asked Colleagues to attach a slip of paper to the rollers they had processed rather than writing on one of the boxes on the roller, so much easier to see which rollers had been processed!
My boss, "let call her TracEy" pointed out the notice should have been, "laminated, stuck on the wall with sticky back plastic AND the paper should not have any filing holes in it!!!" - - - - I am reprimanded!!!!!!!! - - - -
Enjoy the day  
Follow this link to see  our weather website
Or this one just to see  the streaming birdfeeder cam






No comments:

Post a Comment