Featured post

Monday 4 August 2014

Oil slick? no! & hard drive woe's!

Residents in La Jolla  California woke to find what looked like a large oil slick close to their beach
 Horror turned to surprise when the "slick" turned out to be a large shoal of anchovies - - - great video - - -







Our weather looks to be getting "back to normal" according to this Sky weather report
after the recent "hot spell"  Its only 9.2C this morning with a heavy dew and an expected high of 20 today. It must be around 4 weeks now that we have started the day with less than double figures for the temp




So the Commonwealth Games is over and it looks to have been a great success
the link from the BBC is titled "Funny moments"  - - - worth a look - - -



Closer to home
It was a little wet Saturday so Looking for something to do I decided to sort my pics on my external hard drive.  switching it off and transferring it to another PC would be easier, "I thought!" plugging it in and switching it back on caused it to malfunction - - -
Try as I might it would not fire up and in the end I took the thing apart and ordered another "enclosure" on line hoping that it might only be the enclosure circuitry at fault - - - fingers crossed

I have all my "documents" backed up and lots of photos but could end up losing the last 5 years worth apart from what has been uploaded to Picasa web albums - - -

This was not the only PC problem of the last few days my old Chinese netbook was groaning away trying to run the webcams at the top of the garden.  In the end I retired it was replaced with an old Vista laptop which seems to be coping ok.  I have rigged up an old laptop cooling fan to work on one of the USB ports for additional cooling to the CPU.

Over at Peak Rail the weekend was given over to the "1940's" crowd so on our way to the pub this "in costume" soldier was guarding the railway crossing
Darley Bridge and the river looked as serene as ever.  Standing on the bridge and spotting the trout rising is one of my favourite pastimes down there
Our friend Lisa cuts the Landlord Alan's hair
Cool as it is this morning it looks like it will warm up once the sun hits all the valley - - - I feel a logging session coming on

Enjoy the day
Follow this link to see  our weather website
Or this one just to see  the streaming birdfeeder cam



No comments:

Post a Comment