Featured post

Friday 14 February 2014

Change Tap water to mineral? & Laptops galore!

Living in the countryside rather than a city as we do I have always looked at "bottled water" with a jaundiced eye! So here's another Water treatment but this one claims to change tap water into mineral water
This little gizmo is responsible for the magic and not only does it "kill 99.9% of all bacterial viruses" but the story claims it can save bottled water buyers "as much as £300 per month"
Now just a cotton pickin minute.  We hear this and that kills 99.9% of all germs/viruses time and time again. Can anyone tell me the what the 0.1% of germs/viruses that the various "things" cant kill?  Now if you could come up with something that could kill the extra % that would be worth marketing.  The other point above about saving bottled water buyers £300 a month, I mean who spends that much on water?!  The market for bottled water is vast and its quite common to see people clutching their plastic bottle in one for which they will have paid silly amounts of money.  Hey ho - - -

Another drink but a beer this time is getting a kicking in this story about Kronenbourg beer.
The tale is made more amusing for me because Eric Cantona is featured in the advert.
The "Advertising Watchdog" has banned the advert because it says it is "misleading"
The advert is apparently peppered with claims that the beer is French while in reality its brewed in Manchester by the Dutch company Heineken.  Do we really care? - - -

Torvill and Dean recreate bolero in Sarajevo
It was on this day in 1984 that they won the Olympic Gold medal for their ice dance routine.  The really significant point though is that all the judges scored them 6.0 meaning it was perfect.  This score was never and has never been equalled.  I remember being in Obersdorf  in 1983 and seeing them perform the routine in the run up to the games - - - absolutely breathtaking!  -- - -

Closer to home
Yesterday was meant to be cold and sunny and it managed to live up to the forecast.  We had planned a  walk followed by lunch out but this was thwarted by me being asked to attend a job interview at work.
We still went for the walk around the Magpie Mine and it was sunny but very cold in the wind which was blowing across the open countryside
Returning home we found the access to the terrace blocked by a large lorry disgorging organic compost to Peak Organics.  This all had to be carried up into the organic garden and I promised to assist after my interview.
Interview over, it went OK, I shouldered a number of bags up into the garden along with the merry band of helpers.

Only one task to go I mused picking up the motherboard that I had been intending to fit into my "Chinese netbook" and driving over to Chesterfield where it had come from.  I was going to post it back until I saw the return address and decided to take it myself.
I had bought it on ebay from AGA Electronics and couldn't believe how many laptops etc were in this small unit there were numerous stacks of them about 5ft high all over the place.  The owner, Arthur showed me round and quoted some very reasonable prices for repaired machines.  Next time one of my website machines dies I will definitely be paying him a visit!

Enjoy the day
Follow this link to see  our weather website
Or this one just to see  the streaming birdfeeder cam


No comments:

Post a Comment