Featured post

Thursday 6 June 2013

Victoria Beckham - Woman of the decade! - speechless!

I nearly choked on my porridge the other morning when I read the story about Victoria Beckham being voted Woman of the decade! I thought it was a serious story until I read "The 39-year-old was crowned the winner in front of a host of celebrities at the Glamour Women Of The Year Awards"  Thank goodness it was only for celebrities!

I picked up on a story about the Marsh Arabs of Iraq.  I had read Wilfried Thesiger's tales of the Marsh Arabs , with their unique way of life and later how they had been persecuted by the Saddam Hussein regime for supporting the opposition.  The marshes were drained and the people displaced.  A major restoration programme is returning it to its former glory .   Worth a read 

The Matt cartoon in the Telegraph yesterday reminded me of our recent meal of some, probably 4 year old food from the back of our freezer! Man looking into freezer and saying to wife "so this coronation chicken has been in here for 60 years!"

Middle lane hogs on the Motorway's are a strange breed but their time is coming to an end if you believe this Story   There's talk of a £100 on the spot fine and 3 points on your licence if you are one.  Transport Minister Stephen Hammond has his say in the article but I reckon its him just trying to justify that he is actually working!

The logging is going well with the first tree almost reduced to firewood and I'm hoping to finish it off today.  Here's a pic of the job nearly complete the other day.

I'm planning a trip across to North Wales next Monday with the intention of doing an early morning walk around the Snowdon Horseshoe Tuesday.  It nice to start around 0530 in order to avoid the crowds that are drawn to the relativity easy walk.  Here's a Link to a number of pics to a similar walk I did in 2011 the video at the end of the pics is particularly good.

I like to complete the walk  "in reverse" approaching Snowdon summit up the southern side and descending down the Pyg Track.  If the weather is exceptionally clear though I will start up the Crib Goch knife edge route and use the southern route to descend.  Any takers? feel free to contact me for details.

Enjoy the day
Follow this link to see  our weather website
Or this one just to see  our live birdfeeder webcam



No comments:

Post a Comment