Featured post

Thursday 13 June 2013

More cat antics! & some lucky escapes plus I ditch the daily Telegraph

Little Sainsbury
had a quiet day yesterday after his 16 hour "excursion" the previous day/night.  His right eye appeared to be giving him some problems as it was half closed but after some pain relief and eye drops it cleared up quite quickly.  He obviously had some kind of fright because he stayed in almost all day and was present last night when, "THE INTERLOPER RETURNED!"

The interloper is a local cat who, realising our 2 are spoiled rotten and always have food available decided to pop in through the cat flap during winter for midnight snacks.  Now Sainsbury is no fighter so he didn't pose a problem. Tom unfortunately is quite deaf to some noises so unless he was up and about its unlikely the interloper would be spotted.

We eventually foiled the interlopers visits by taking the food upstairs onto the landing at night - - - or so we thought!  Last night I awoke around midnight and could hear the biscuits being crunched.  As I opened the bedroom door a black form streaked off downstairs to be followed by the obvious noises of 2 cats squaring up to each other.  I switched on the lights and shot after it to find Tom ushering the interloper out the cat flap and Sainsbury heading for the front window sill very quickly!  We are now wondering how to "resolve the situation?"

A cat story I picked up on is quite intriguing and will be on the TV later today Secret Life of The Cat  has cats with cameras and trackers attached showing their every move! There's a map showing where each cat wanders, I'm sure some of the owners will be surprised!

A couple of lucky escapes caught my eye in the news as 2  workers on a skyscraper in NEW York must have been holding their breath while the rescue went on after their suspended cradle buckled under them.  Another lucky escapee didn't have to hold his breath when his boat sank in 30 metres of water trapping him in I an air pocket for 60 hours!  scary story - - -

Endurance swimming's not something I ever fancied, not liking cold water for long!  I saw earlier in the week that the Australian endurance swimmer Chloe McCardel was attempting to swim the  160 miles from Cuba to Florida the original story told of sharks , jelly fish etc which was relevant because she was going to try it without a shark cage!  Anyway she was zapped by jellyfish after 11 hours and abandoned the swim.  I wonder how many wags are saying "Told you so!"  - - -

Finally - - - I pick up a number of "nuggets" for the blog from the Daily Telegraph newspaper.  I am however ditching this source because whenever I try to read a story I get a banner slide up the screen wanting me to pay for it.  Strange way to broadcast your news by stopping readers seeing it?

Enjoy the day
Follow this link to see  our weather website
Or this one just to see  our live birdfeeder webcam







No comments:

Post a Comment