Featured post

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Coffee a sign of mass drug dependency & Mosel cooking oil?

I see Stuart Hall the "celebrity" finally rolled over and admitted his guilt over the allegations about his assaults on young girls.  So pious and dismissive about the allegations at first but now the sad old fool that he is.  He's going to spend 2 weeks in jail for every offence that has come to light - - methinks he got off lightly!   "Next!"

The Health and Safety loonies are alive and well in Tyneside according to this story from the Mail.  A dingy back alley which to all accounts helped "unsocial behaviour" was transformed into a "wildlife corridor" with flowers and shrubs by the locals.  The council even gave them an award.  Then the HSE spectre appeared on the scene and the whole place has been "deemed a health and safety risk!"

If coffee perks you up stop drinking it! says this article along with experts who claim its a sign of "mass drug dependency".  I wonder if this was written by the Tyneside HSE person?
Another drug story is rather well juxtaposed with a rape case that never happened?  Mmmmm . The case of Lindsay Sandiford  the drug courier on death row is weighed against a conviction of "just 15 years" for raping his 9 year old daughter who later died.  He claims to have not done the deed but pleaded guilty to the crime so that "police will no longer summon my family"  - - - Cant quite get my head around that one.  Some of the comments below the story about the story "as usual" are interesting.

Back at work for a couple of shifts now and the new store manager, "lets call him Mat" has been polishing his "new broom!".  The scuttlebutt around the shop is either that he's "getting on everyone's case" or "just being a manager!"  time will tell.

I was approached by an old guy yesterday who was asking for "Mosel cooking oil"  That's a new one I thought? knowing the Mosel in Germany is more renowned for its fine wine, as we shuffled into the isle with the oil.  "Yes", he said "Mosel cooking oil" its here on the Wife's list" waving a scrap of paper at me.  without my reading glasses even I could just make out it said Mazola cooking oil and directed him to the right item on the shelf.  I hope his wife likes the "vintage!"

Not long before the end of my shift a curious looking bespectacled man in shorts, who really with those legs shouldn't be wearing shorts approached me.  He stopped 2 feet away but directly in front of me and said, shifting from one foot to the other, "You can never find anyone when you're looking for something?  "I dont suppose you" but before he could say more I replied, "Well try talking to me and I'll see if I can help" wondering what on earth he could be looking for.  "Custard powder!" came the 2 word reply".  I pointed and explained where it was in plain view and watched as he wandered off without so much as a thank you.  Another challenge dealt with!!!!

Finally - - - Hopefully the tree on the left of this pic will come down safely today!

Enjoy the day
Follow this link to see  our weather website
Or this one just to see  our live birdfeeder webcam



1 comment:

  1. I agree that the wellbeing and Safety loonies are living and well in Tyneside according to this article from the Mail. A dingy back alley which to all anecdotes helped "unsocial demeanour" was changed into a "wildlife corridor" with blossoms and shrubs by the locals.


    Regards,
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete