Featured post

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Owl or Lark? & very wet walking!

Owl or Lark? the age old question gets an airing in this BBC Health article
It has an interesting way of presenting the facts and there's a tick box questionnaire to tell let you know which you are, owl or lark! - - -





 Apparently not an unknown fact but dolphins can eat themselves to death.
The story of Monty eats himself to death  is explained here.  The article relates that after a post mortem it was deduced he had a full stomach with another fish stuck in his throat which eventually blocked its nasal passages! - - -









An odd tale this
This is the home of a "British Millionair" in Spain where the man allegedly held a harem of models against their will
The whole sorry saga only came to light after a c"domestic disturbance" when the local police were called.  The bloke was arrested then released on bail while the court decides "what to charge him on" ! - - -


Closer to home 
For years now a collage of pics about the early landcsping of our garden has been without glass after it fell from the wall and the glass borke.
We determined to fix the problem and bought a frame from "IKEA!"  dreading the trip around IKEA i felt lucky to get away with a bill for only £40 for "a number of other useful articles" which we picked up.
The frame was a little bigger than the old one
here i am attaching the wire to hang it by
only to find when i turn it around i have it upside down - - - the best laid plans!

I completed another training walk for the Snowdon horseshoe attempt in June yesterday and it looked decidedly like it would be a wet one right from the start!
The view from the car park was not the sunny one like my last walk a few weeks ago.  The rain had been going for some time but it wasn't too heavy
As I got up onto Froggatt Edge, going the reverse of my last visit, the weather reminded me that "essential clothing was necessary!" Having my trusty Jack Wolfskin""waterproof" on I was dressed for the current weather and forged on.
I came across 2 Canada Geese with 2 Goslings!  A strange sight on the edge because the nearest river is far below in the valley.
Half way around the walk and above our favourite lunch venue at The Grousei turn directly into the wind and rain.  The view up ahead looks a little daunting.
The rain gets harder and harder and i curse my very expensive Jack Wolfskin jacket as it lets in the water and my equally expensive Wolfskin boots fail to keep out any water.   
10 minutes from the end of the walk the rain suddenly stops and i squelch my way back to the car! I have long held a theory about "waterproof goretex fabric" and my soggy clothes unfortunately prove it right.  It doesn't really work!  
I promise to try another of my theories - - - a couple of "layers" under my years old Ex Army waterproof would be more effective - - - watch this space! - - - 
A hint of sunshine this morning so its off to the logging area before the rain returns later! 
Enjoy the day
Follow this link to see  our weather website
Or this one just to see  the streaming birdfeeder cam

No comments:

Post a Comment