Featured post

Saturday 18 August 2012

Saturday rain

Sitting here deciding what to do on our day off.  I need to collect a little more wood for the winter store but i decided it could wait until the afternoon because the weather is meant to be "brightening" by then.  Sally says she would quite like a walk around the Ladybower reservoir.  As soon as we "pencil it in" it starts to rain!
Here's a pic I took in February this year around the reservoir, its a stunning walk whenever you do it but the snow adds another dimension to the scene.
I'm still wrestling with the "water" problem in Cyril our little white van.  After attempting one "repair" on the drivers side I adjusted the pond liner I put in to keep the water off the carpets as it still managed to dampen one part of it.  The passenger side looks to part of the same leak as its only wet on the right side of the footwell.  I will attempt a similar "repair" to that side in the hope of getting a dry front end.   
Great excitement from John our neighbour who claims to be a gardener but has made his garden into a jungle in the few years he has had it.  He has recruited a family member to help him sort it out this weekend, i do hope the weather is a little kinder than just at the moment.  
In preparation for Sally's stopping work I am urging her to make a list of items she needs for the various "hobbies" she is going to attempt, Wine making, fruit preserving.  I may live to regret the "urging"!
The attempt at completing the 15 Peaks I started in June took another twist during the week.  I had decided not to go with Ginny as I didn't really want to pay for a 1 day walk for 2 of us as all the others had dropped. Having told Ginny she then came back and said her sister could now attend, I had already made other arrangements so felt a bit mean not joining back in.  However I'm intending to saunter across to Wales on Mon 3rd of Sep and complete the remaining 5 Peaks the following day.  Watch this space!
On a happy note we managed to link back up with the 2 girls from Sydney who we got on so well with on our Fiji holiday.  We hadn't heard from them since Christmas last year but they are now back on the planet
Here they are Rachael and Erin trying to look sober as we speed to another resort on our "Pub Crawl" afternoon.  

So up and at em, onwards and upwards into the still falling Saturday Rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment