Featured post

Friday 21 September 2012

I'm walking too fast at work, Cyril takes a hit!, but Boris cruises through the MOT test

It came to me in a flash yesterday as I was working at my part time job in the local sainsbugs.  I have previously written about the new "team Leader", "Dash about Dave" but the dashing really was aimed at the fact he didn't seem to be doing one job for more than a few minutes.
Unlike one of our previous "Team Leaders" who i have to say was quite good but was known under the name "half a job Jono"  he would have 20 jobs going atonce of which only 3 might be completed by the end of the day, however I digress.

I observed that the speed he was walking from one area of the shop to another or from outside the bakery by the bread display to inside the bakery was uncannily like, heavan forbid!  "wot i do".

I sought solace and counselling from a colleague working in the booze department, "lets call him Dave"  well his name actually isn't Dave but he calls me "Rich" short for Richard of course and thats not my name - - - its a bit complicated but I'll save the explanation for another day.  It was decided I should slow down immediately! and "Dave" will observe me and we shall have regular meetings to discuss my "progress" or should that be "lack of progress" or maybe "slower progress" yes that's it!

Not long ago Sally had to borrow my little van "Cyril" to go to work and managed to wipe off the offside mirror going up a notoriously narrow road out of 2 Dales.  The other vehicle driven by "white van man" didnt stop so it was a case of £40 off ebay and a new mirror was fitted.

Once again today she had to use Cyril for work as Boris was going in for his MOT.  This time she avoided damage to the off side of the vehicle but decided to "modify" the nearside up against the hedgerow.
 So here we are "Cyril's hit" from earlier today, Sally is of the opinion that we might be trying to destroy him, a corner at a time.

Not to be outdone and not to be accused of sexism, I post here a pic of a minor "blemish", I inflicted on Cyril whilst trying to park him on the side of a narrow road when we were out for a walk one day.
Out of ten I think Sally's is the better "modification"

Triumph of the day is that Boris, Sally's beloved defender has yet again past the MOT!  It was funny when i went to pick him up.  The garage boss said the blokes had been fighting to work on him as most of the defenders around here come in for MOT or service with mud up to the windscreen!
So well done Boris!
Here's a pic of Boris earlier this year 05/02/2012


No comments:

Post a Comment