Featured post

Friday 16 September 2011

Book what book!!!

I mentioned on the 9th of Sept that i was going to write a book on my 29 Years 197 days (!) in the Army.  I sat down yesterday and attempted to write a plan and realised 1.  What a fantastic time i had in the Army and 2. how the hell do you put it into a book?.

I must speak to our friend Peter who has written a book which unfortunately he hasn't had published but he must have some tips on how to go about it.

I spent an hour or so today collecting all my documents and photo's etc so at least now I have all the relevant docs that I can tie bits of story to.  There will be lots that are done from pure memory, oh for a digital camera 30 years ago!

I sat down yesterday and wrote a plan of what I should do but quickly fell into the trap of trying to remember specific story lines of incidents in different regiments.  All I finished up with was a heading of say 7 RHA and then a mish mash of one liners e.g. "the 9mm pistol incident", "turn right here" "Dont worry I have the map".
So I think it might be best to have a separate "document" for each regiment and put in all the one liners then expand them into stories. The time line is pretty important and i have a (loose) record of "when" i served "where" so the time line will hopefully join all the stories together.

A daunting prospect but hopefully it will all pan out successfully.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment