Featured post

Thursday 29 March 2012

I'm a lumberjack an I'm ok

At last the weather is kind enough to allow me to get onto the land where I'm clearing the trees and where our firewood is stored.
I'm going to concentrate on sawing and splitting some of the stacks from previous years and replenishing our wood store for a couple of months then set about clearing a few more trees.  There are still lots of branch stacks from previous years and I will attempt to burn these once the birds are done nesting

This is what's left of the wood from the original 2009/10 site there could actually be enough to fill the woodshed this year.  Its unusual to be able to access this site so early in the year but because of the dry spell I'm recovering the wood while I can.


Just tidying up last years effort here, this represents our emergency wood pile in case of severe bad weather in winter.  The stack is on the edge of a hard topped track which would allow access in all weathers

No comments:

Post a Comment