Featured post

Saturday 14 January 2017

Oh for some sleep! - - - & - - - Lord Snowdon dies

Enjoy the day – Enjoy the weather 
=====
======
Don't forget to check out this great book on Amazon Kindle Books
=======================================
LOCAL WEATHER NOW AND FORECAST FOR TODAY
==============================
The blobs of rain/snow look to be headed right for us unless we can slide between them.  Its a cold day so there's a chance of the precipitation falling as snow i guess 
The Temp has warmed a little.  During the night it was just below zero.  the wind chill on that Northerly 7.6mph just now will feel very cold I'm sure  
weathercam update 09:15
The weathercam view looks very cold and almost fully overcast now at 09:15.  The precipitation blobs on the display above do look to be sliding either side of us at the moment 
= == = 
Local weather for today 
Met O Forecast:   A cold start, with icy routes and any lying snow frozen. Mainly sunny, although very isolated showers will fall as snow above 300m at first. Winds will also gradually ease, although it will remain cold. Warm layers will be essential.  Top Temp 5c 
= == = 
I blasted out the message i put on yesterdays blog to a huge number of friends yesterday and the responses have been of shock but very nice as well.  Last night i was hoping to get a decent bit of sleep but it was not to be.  I have the problem of only being able to sleep on my back due to the discomfort of Freddy.  As soon as i lie down now I end up getting back pain just above my kidneys.  I tried sitting up in bed but always finish up sliding down and the pain returns. 
At about 00:45 i came down stairs with my pillows and tried sitting up on the sofa surrounded by pillows and an electric heat pad on my back - - OK but only for a while.  Next I tried lying on the sofa but it turned out to be too soft.  
By this time its 03:00 and LM is confused about whats going on and wonders why i don't give him his breakfast.  Finally i sit on an old leather chair and have the pillows propped up around and behind me.  By this time my backs killing me but with only one more adjustment, a couple of paracetamol, and the heat pad at full blast for a while i finally get comfortable.  Sally visits the loo at 05:00 and comes down to see where i am, end of any thoughts of sleep.  
At least with my sedentary daytime routine i can get the odd 10 or 15 minutes sleep! 
= == = 
News ?
The banners have free yogurt snacks and a reminder that now Christmas is over we can start thinking about plants for the spring garden with an offer of free plants 
The main story is all about the death of Lord Snowdon which is a story carried in a number of papers this morning 
========================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment