Featured post

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Boris is bleeding!

So after the excitement of last week with the Mirbat 40th anniversary the "fall out" is still around.  I have my now proudly owned signed Mirbat print which needs re-framing.  I have an association membership update form in the post winging its way to me to be filled in and returned.  It turns out i'm still on the books but in the "lapsed" section.   I have the other (Hereford end) association to join so will need to get that form sent off. In the meantime I really need to get back to the book!
In amongst all that went on last week we noticed some red oil/fluid on the ground under Sally's beloved Boris the Defender.  It didn't take long to work out it was coming from the power steering pump.  I quickly booked him in with the "Darley Dale Garage" over the road but because of an error in the booking he couldn't be repaired until yesterday.  Meanwhile the noise when you turned the steering wheel got louder and louder and the puddle of fluid larger by the day.  We kept on topping up the reservoir so no damage done.  He was fixed yesterday and is now back on his normal duties.
Back to the mundane today in as much as I am adding yet another coat of white paint to the kitchen window frames at the back of the house and the porch at the front.  It just gives me the chance to prod and poke the frames to look for any rot and get the repairs done before the ravages of winter hit us.  I might also put a coat of paint on the wall next to the wood shed as its breeze block grey does look rather dull.
Our log shed would normally by now be bulging at the seams with the winter store of wood.  The recent rains have however meant it is still only about half full and this is another task which needs our attention.  I took my little van to the area where the wood is and promptly got it bogged last Saturday so it looks as if the shiny Boris will have to be coerced into weekend wood moving duties for a while.
Another work week begins tomorrow so its back to the fun factory and all its drama's, challenges and opportunities!  No doubt there will be some rich pickings for the blog in the next few days.
Now where did I put those paint brushes   

No comments:

Post a Comment