Featured post

Friday 16 November 2012

Back to the salt mine, Sally's a lady of leisure! & No 1 Daughter is the last one out of Turkey!

After a week to get over the holiday jet lag it was quite easy to get up and cruise down the road to Sainsbugs in Matlock to start my first shift of the 6 i do.  After the usual "how did the holiday go?" comments and whipping through the bread delivery it was as if i had never been away! 

A new guy has started working the weeks I'm off, I had him for an hour when he was doing his induction training.  It didn't take long for a couple of the bakery colleagues to tell me he seems to be "coming up short" on following the rules.  Ah well we shall see how he performs when the chips are down around Christmas. 

I'm still taking pics for my time lapse project which is a pic of a view across the river and I was quite surprised at the difference 2 weeks away can make to the view.  Heres a pic from the day we left on the 24th of October


This one was taken the day we returned on the 9th of Nov. 

I can imagine it wont be long before we get a snowy pic although I read an article a couple of days ago that the winter could be a mild one.  This could also be the "kiss of death!"

the biggest change of course is that Sally, my wife is taking "time out" from the "treadmill".  We were on holiday "hangover" until last Monday but then we seemed to be getting back in "the groove" and it was strange that she wasn't rushing off to Chesterfield and work leaving me to my own devices. 

We did actually bump into each other a couple of times trying to get things done and i wondered if i would  have to "alter my routine".  On my working days now though and its quite nice to be handed a steaming cup of tea as soon as i get home! 

My No1 daughter Caroline and husband Mike have been away the same time as us to Turkey.  She remarked that it was the last week of "the season" and as more and more people left the hotel, the staff were removing tables and chairs.  It was almost as if they were being asked to "lift their feet" as the staff cleaned up and i got the impression from her comments that maybe they would be asked to "switch off the lights" as they looked to be the last to leave!

Finally we are starting to "close down" the garden for the winter.  We tend not to plant winter flowers etc and already have plans to chop this down, move that to another place and introduce a few new things here and there.  So it will look a little different by springtime from the pic below





No comments:

Post a Comment