Featured post

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Careful! - the bitch has a pork pie

Back to work tomorrow but here are 2 little anecdotes I missed from my "Oh crumbs its a Black Mark" post not long ago

At work there are a number of hand held devices belonging to various departments.  In an attempt to control them colleagues are meant to sign a sheet in the main office to indicate when you took it and brought it back.  This rule is flouted by almost everyone so you need to walk around the store looking for your departments handset.
Another device is a small networked printer and although you can keep the printer in your department the batteries need charging and thats done in the central office.
So there I am needing to print some reduction labels and the battery I picked up at the start of the shift is faulty and flat plus there are no spares in the office.
I wander around looking for a battery and notice in the GM cage there are 2 hand held devices in there.  This immediately reminds me of the GM colleague manager, lets call her June, moaning about "and the bakery had 3 handsets and nobody had signed for them!".  Now June is known for her voluble renditions about how bad every other department is so I make a mental note to challenge/wind her up about the handsets if I see her before the end of the shift.
 I find a battery and its fully charged so I set about completing the reductions.  I spy June approaching and say, "June do you know there are 2 handsets in your GM cage and no-one has signed for them.  She whips out her internal phone and calls a colleague, lets call her Vicky, and starts to berate her.
I mention mid call that "I was only joking" and she ends the call and says mischievously  "but Vicky will think i'm a bitch", I pause just long enough and add "And!"

When I was in the shop the other day, a colleague, lets call him Paul, mentioned that he had been told the shop second in command had had a Pork Pie thrown at him by an old lady.  I hope it was a "Taste the difference" one - - after all he is a manager!

Hey ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment