Featured post

Sunday 15 April 2012

15 Peaks Training begins in earnest

I had been wanting to start training at the end of Feb once we had returned from holiday but had a bit of an issue with my left knee.  Mid February I was at work and took a small step backwards and immediately had a severe pain in my left knee.  I couldn't move it for a couple of minutes because of the pain and it felt like the cartilage had moved out of alignment.
 The pain subsided a little and I was able to move my knee but for a couple of days my knee was quite tender.  The worrying legacy of this was that whenever I ascended stairs or had to raise my left leg my knee joint would make a quite audible click.  By rotating my knee to the left or right I could stop the clicking but had no idea what was going on.  Around the beginning of April the clicking stopped and last Thursday I walked around my local training walk, it’s a 6 miler with just over 200 metres of climb and everything was fine.   
Here's a pic from the route, quite steep here and the middle of the ridge straight ahead is where i'm headed 
complete walk pics at    https://picasaweb.google.com/hakuraman/15PeaksTrainingWalks?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNHi1r-0k_37cg&feat=directlink 


Sainsbury our young cat continues to bring mice into the house and I ejected number 4 this morning after catching it in the humane trap.  He (sainsbury) runs around like a lunatic whenever we are outside yesterday was no exception.  I had gone out to bring in some firewood and he was in the garden looking back at me, I bobbed up and down in and out of his view a couple of times and he raced down the garden and onto the woodshed sloping roof which was covered in frost.  He skidded to a halt just short of the edge, then shot off back into the garden.  I was emerging from the wood shed and out of the corner of my eye I saw him sliding down the frosty windsurf sale which covers the Defender, he reached the end shot off it and bounced off the bonnet of the white van which was parked in front of the Defender onto the ground.  He had a rather quizzical look on his face and probably wondered why I was laughing at him!  

No comments:

Post a Comment